Monday, October 9, 2017

A Curious Beginning Review




Hello fellow book lovers,  I have a new book to review for you. Well a New book to me, that is actually apart of a series. I have been in the habit lately of only reading series when I have an Arc to one of the books in the series. In this case, I have book three on E Arc to the Veronica Speedwell series, but today I will be reviewing Book one and hopefully next month book two. So I purchase Book one, titled “A Curious Beginning” in the Veronica Speedwell Series on Amazon on August 3rd, 2017. So let's get to the Summary and the final thoughts now. 


This book is about a young lady by the Name of Veronica Speedwell. Veronica has just lost the only family she thought she had left. After the funeral, she is requested to come away with a Gentleman by the Name of Baron. After the Baron leaves Veronica in the Care of Mr. Stoker for safety, they end up on a wild goose chase across the country. The wild goose chase is caused by the death of the Baron which leads Stoker to believe that Veronica is in some kind of danger or cause the murder herself. As the chase goes on Veronica and Stoker find out that Veronica has more family alive but they can’t figure out why Veronica was left as an Orphan. This all leads to a very Sherlock Holmes-inspired mystery. Plus maybe a connection of Love between Stoker and Speedwell which has yet to be defined. Veronica herself is a very independent woman for the Victorian age which confuses the hell out of Stoker. While Stoker has lived a thousand lives in one and is a very passionate person, who comes to respect Veronica as an Equal but get jealous when other men pursue her. These two are unstoppable and make quite the pair. I can’t wait to read the next two books to see what their next mysterious will be. Now on to final thoughts. 


OMG, I rated this book a four out of five stars. I am obsessed with these two characters. Veronica and Stoker reminded me of Thomas Cresswell and Audrey Rose Wadsworth from Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. All though I will say Veronica and Stoker are more adult base in my opinion, still would be friends with Kerri’s characters. I am dying right now with excitement over this series and can’t wait to read the next books. I have book two in UK paperback and Book three in E-ARC. I just love how Deanna writes the banter between Veronica and Stoker. How she has made Veronica a very independent female in the time of Victorian age. How she even has Veronica talking to Stoker about sexual relations in this book. I just love Stoker attitude of  I am big, bad and you can call me man, but he is actually really soft hearted and kind. He also becomes protective of Veronica in a short amount of time but gives her a way to be her own person as well.  I mean honestly People I could on for days and days telling you why I love these characters because that's just how much I love them. I can’t wait to read this entire series. I feel like I will read this series for years to come, over and over again. Ps Deanna or Berkley I am always open to reading and reviewing these books, YASS PLEASE. Right now the first two books are for sale and the third will be available in January or February of 2018. I am hoping to have my review of the third book up by December of this year. I whole heartily believe you should buy this series especially right now for the Mystery and Intrigue. I also will say that the ending of this mystery had my mouth hanging wide open, like what just happen and I always love when Books do that to a person. Please go buy this series, or borrow it from the library, you will not regret it. As always links to the Author, the books, and my Social media are listed down below. 



Tea, Love, and Books 
Meli




Twitter 


Blogger Social Media Links

Business Email: 
MelihYT39@gmail.com

Business address:
Melissa Hawkins
C/O Melihbooktube
MelihYoutuber
P.O. Box 341626
Milwaukee Wi
53234


Amazon Review Name:
JeffMelih 

Makeup YouTube







No comments:

Post a Comment