Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Reader by Traci Chee


Hello Fellow book lovers, and happy holidays. I am so excited for the holidays especially Christmas, it always makes my heart glow with joy and love. I am back here today with an awesome new book, Well it's new to me, Called The Reader by Traci Chee. It is a middle-grade book from Putnam which came out last year and on November 7th, 2017 the sequel which is Title The Speaker just came out. I would like to say huge thank you to Penguin Random for sending me both books in an exchange for an honest review. Now onto the summary and review of The Reader. 


This book is about a young girl by the name of Sefia. Sefia is left alone after her parents are murder than again when her adoptive aunt was kidnapped and dragged away. She ends up meeting a boy by the name of Archer who becomes a friend and Partner in crime as the book continues. After her parents died, Sefia finds a book but in her world Books don't exist , and people don't know how to read or write. But Sefia learns as she and Archer make their way through jungles. What Sefia doesn’t know is now she has what I called book hunters in her tale because a book is just not a book, it is actually so much more. As Sefia moves across the country, she and Archer have a lot of problems because of what she has learned and the people who are now hunting her, along with Archer.  But in order to know Sefia real story, you will just have to read this book which I think is a must. Now onto my final thoughts 

I rated this book a four out of five stars because of how crazy it is. It is a story inside of a story inside of the story. It reminds me a lot of once upon a time and how Henry is the author but then his book actually writes the stories of his family. The books in Sefia world, hold all of time and space. They hold the histories of real people and so therefore only the Librarians and Guards of the Libraries can read and know the history of the world. Nobody else can read or write because the books hold secrets that have yet to come. But Sefia ends up with the gift of being able to read which leads her on a journey of discovery. She and Archer lose so much as Sefia learns to read but then at the same time gain so much. All of the characters in this series are complex but at the same time intriguing and not boring. You actually will want to read this series, just because the mystery keeps going and going. I just love these characters so much. 


Now as for the book itself, omg is it beautiful. Both books have those deco edges on the pages and the covers are Asian inspired. The story has a ton of Asian influence in it and you can tell this as you read the book. One minute you feel like your in India the next minute you feel like your in China and plus there are pirates. Traci Chee did such an awesome job making you feel like every character and place was different. She packs this book with tons of action and complexity too. I am in awe of how amazing this first book was and now I can’t wait to get to the second book. This book to me is so unique and I honestly haven't read another book like this before. It's just so intriguing and it keeps you guessing until the end of how it's going to turn out. Trust me this is one book you're going to want to read and review. As always all of my social media links will be listed below along with the Author and the books. Huge thank you again to Penguin for sending me both books to review. 







Tea, Love, Books
Meli

Blogger Social Media Links

Business Email: 

Melihbooktube@gmail.com

Amazon Review Name:

Melissajeffery


No comments:

Post a Comment