Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A darker Shade Of Magic










So the latest book I have read is apart of a continuing series By V.E. Schwab or Victoria Schwab πŸ“–πŸ“–. The first book is title  A Darker shade of magicπŸ’«πŸ’«. I had heard a lot of buzz by many book bloggers on this series. So after seeing so many reviews. I read the summary and felt like I would love the magical aspects of the book along with the whole four Londons universe theme. So those are the reasons that attracted me to the series . A darker shade of magic is the first in what I believe will be a trilogy. So lets get on to the plot of the series peeps ..πŸ“–πŸ“–

This book is about a Young man name Kell,🌚🌚 who possess magic, that helps him travel through alternate realities of his own world. See Kell's world is Red London, and its attach to three other Londons.. πŸ’‚πŸ’‚Yes, you read that right.. three other LondonsπŸ’‚πŸ’‚. So all four Londons are name as such, there is Black, Red, White and Grey London. Kell comes from Red London and has ties to its higher society. The only London, Kell can’t travel to is Black London for dark dread reasons. One day on one of his many travels to another London, he ends up with a magical rockπŸ’ πŸ’ , which may or may not be from the dark Black London. But then he also happens to meets a young female rebel by the name of LilaπŸ”ͺπŸ”ͺ. There are things that happen that cause Lila and Kell a lot of mischief and require them both to go back to Red London. As things progress Kell might be the only one who can maybe saved the Londons and the people in it. But if you want to know how Lila meets Kell or if Kell actually saves the Londons, I suggest you go pick up the series and read it. 

Now as for the actual book, I love the covers on these books, they are so simple and well design. They remind me of my classic Ernest Hemingway novels. I also rated this book a 3 out of 5 stars simply for the pace. I felt like parts of this books were super slow and I had a hard time getting past them. While other parts where fast pace and easy to read, especially the end, the last few chapters seem really action pack with suspense.   With of all that being said I will still continue to read the series. I am not one to give up on a series even if the first book is just okay because you never know, the second or third could be amazing. I do have to say, there were times I was reading these books and it felt like I was reading mixture of Harry Potter and something else. I kind of like that feeling of having something similar to Harry Potter but more of an adult version I guess you could say. I really did enjoy this book and I can’t wait to read the last two. All of the information about this book and its author is listed below. πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰Please like, follow, share and commentπŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ 

The book covers I was referring to above..


As Always 

Tea, Love and Books
Meli πŸ’–πŸ’–



V.E. Schwab Social Media 





Blogger Social Media Links 

My Email is: MelihYT39@gmail.com


Only for Business contacts 

Amazon Review Name
Jeff Melih 

Makeup YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment