Saturday, November 18, 2023

Author Q&A with Alyssa Green

 Hey loves, I am back with another Author Q&A this time with Alyssa Green. I met this amazing Indie author on TikTok and she writes a romance and fantasy. I find her work fascinating and I hope you will too. So why don't you go ahead and read the rest of this Q&A and then check out all the fabulous links below 

1. How long have you been writing or when did you start? 

I started writing stories when I was ten years old. My first story was "The Adventures of Detective Alyssa."


2.What comes first for you — the plot or the characters — and why?

It's easier for me to figure out the plot once I know who my characters are.


3. How do you develop your plot and characters?

Once I know who my characters are, I usually take a few days to brainstorm and discuss ideas with my critique partners. Once I have a pretty solid outline, I'll start my drafting process.


4 What, to you, are the most important elements of good writing?

This is subjective. Personally, I think readability is important. If the prose are too convoluted to where I'm like, "What did I just read?" It takes me out of the story. I also love when little details in a plot are connected. For example, a plain necklace you thought was insignificant actually plays a huge role in the overall story.


5 What is the most difficult part of your writing process?

As an overthinker and a recovering perfectionist, starting a new story is the hardest. 


6.  How do you process and deal with book reviews?

I try not to look at reviews unless I'm tagged in them. I believe reviews are for readers. 


7. How many books have you written and which is your favorite?

I've written four books. I'll be releasing my fifth book in March 2024. I think the one I'm working on is my favorite.


8. What was your hardest scene to write, and why?

Anything that has to do with reality like death and relationships. It's a broad topic, so it's difficult for me to pinpoint a precise scene.


9. Which of the characters do you relate to the most and why?

I think I relate to Blaise from The Akrani Gods series the most. She doesn't believe in herself at the beginning of book one, but as things happen, she realizes she has more power than she knows.


10. What is your writing process like? Are you more of a plotter or a pantser?

I've learned to be more of a plotter. The more I know about my story, the more fleshed out my scenes are. However, I don't plot my scenes. Those are all written on intuition.


11. What is your schedule like when you’re writing a book?

I'm an early riser, so I'll wake up around 5:30AM, workout, shower, take my pup for a walk, then I'll have my coffee and check emails. After my admin work, I'll start writing. I can usually write four to six hours.


12. If you were to write a spin-off about a side character, which would you pick?

I have a few spin-offs planned, but the one I'll be starting soon is Mathias Gage from The Akrani Gods series.


13 Do you play music while you write — and, if so, what’s your favorite?

Yes, I play a variety of lyricless music. I usually pick my music based on what I'm writing that day. If it's a battle scene, I'll pick epic scores from various movies.



I want say thank you to Alyssa for kindly doing this Q&A which I Do both on my blog and also on Tiktok live on the weekends. I hope you all will check out Alyssa work and events and All information is listed..


Tea, Love, Books my loves 

Meli




Alyssa Green Socials 


















BLOGGER INFORMATION


Social 



















BLOGGER CONTACT

Business Email: 

Melihbooktube@gmail.com

Amazon Review Name:
Melissajeffery






No comments:

Post a Comment