Sunday, May 17, 2020

Interview with Author Samantha Hastings

Hello Book Pals , Welcome to my latest book blog. I had so much fun with Miranda Asebedo interview the last time, that I really want to do more Q & A interviews with other Authors . I felt so lucky when Samantha Hasting agreed to do a Q &A with me. So I feel so happy and bless to be able to share this blog with you all. I also want to thank Samantha for doing this interview with me.  So before  you get to read the interview, I just really want to share information on how to find Samantha Books for you to read. 

 Lets begin with a few facts like Samantha Hastings is a Victorian Author published by SwoonReads. She currently has two books that are victorian base. The first one is "The Last Word" which is now available. The Second is The Invention of Sophie Carter which is coming out in July 2020. Below I will list short summaries for each book. 

"The Last Word": 

Where one story ends, another begins.
1861. Miss Lucinda Leavitt is shocked when she learns the author of her favorite serialized novel has died before completing the story. Determined to learn how it ends, Lucinda reluctantly enlists the help of her father’s young business partner, Mr. David Randall, to track down the reclusive author’s former whereabouts.
The Second book is coming out in July 2020.





"The Invention of Sophie Carter"


1851. Bounced from one begrudging relative to another their whole lives, orphaned identical twins Sophie and Mariah Carter have always relied on each other for love and support, even though the sisters couldn't be more different. 

So now that I have shared some facts and book information about  Samantha work with you, I think it time to get to her great Q & A interview which I hope you all Enjoy.  Ps I also will put links for Samantha work down below for ordering.




Samantha Hastings Interview: 

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I’ve always considered myself a writer. I wrote my first YA book when I was 12 years old and it was entitled “Beehive Basketball”. Writing has always been part of my life.
What comes first, the plot or characters?
With each book it is different. For The Invention of Sophie Carter, the characters came first. I knew that they would be twin sisters and the plot was woven around them. Because I placed them during the Pre-Raphaelite painting movement, I knew that they had to be redheads! Sophie’s personality was the easiest to write, but Mariah secretly stole my heart. 
What was your favorite part, and your least favorite part, of the publishing journey?
My favorite part of the writing journey is holding a completed book in my hands. The tactile-ness of holding a piece of you, there’s nothing quite like it. My least part my least favorite part is always revision. But revision and editing is where your book goes from scrawling’s on a page to something readable.
What do you hope your readers take away from your books?
Jane Austen wrote, “let other pens dwell on guilt and misery” and I think what she meant is that her books are to bring joy to her readers and I hope the same thing. I hope that when you read my books that you will leave them happier and more hopeful.
If you had to describe Sophie and Mariah in three words, what would those three words be?
Sophie: brash, decisive, and imaginative
Maria: artistic, thoughtful, and tender-hearted
What is the most surprising thing you discovered while writing your book?
That the Great Exhibition of 1851 had the first public toilets. Such an important detail had to be included in the book!
What was the highlight of writing this book?
The highlight for me is the relationship between the two sisters. I have two older sisters and they mean the world to me and I love seeing that support and loyalty come out on the page.

I wanted to thank you all for reading this interview with the amazing Samantha Hastings. I love her answers to these amazing questions. I hope you all also check out all of her work because she is so talented. Like I said earlier I will have links below for Samantha Books and all of social media information. Hope you will come back soon for the next blog interview or review. Thanks for your time.

Books, love and Tea 
Meli 

Samantha Hastings Information 















Blogger Social Media Links

Business Email: 
Melihbooktube@gmail.com

Amazon Review Name:
Melissajeffery


Makeup YouTube







No comments:

Post a Comment