Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Author Interview with Miranda Asebedo

Hello, my Bookish Peeps,

 Its a great day for a new blog and boy do I have one for you. This is my very first Author Interview Blog and I am so excited. First I want to say Thank you to Miranda Asebedo for suggesting we do this interview and thank you to Love, Writing, Life blog for providing these questions to bloggers. This first Interview introduces us as the reader, to one of my all favorite Authors Miranda Asebedo. Miranda is the author, of The Deepest Roots and A Constellation of Roses. A Constellation of Roses is set to Release in November of 2019. I will also be doing a review for "A Constellation of Roses in November so be sure to check back, But now is the time to read my very first amazing Author interview with the Talented Miranda. 

 So I am going to list each question and give you Miranda answers below. I hope these questions don't come off as boring because to me they sounded different and not typical repeat questions given to Authors. I tried to focus more on Miranda as an Author instead of the books. I sincerely hope you all enjoy this blog. I also hope more people will want more blogs like this, so let me know, please.




Questions:

1)What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk is?

  • 1. I would say my most interesting writing quirk is that I really need something to drink and music playing while I'm writing. I drink a lot of tea in the mornings, especially Earl Grey, but in the afternoon I almost always switch to Diet Pepsi. My caffeine intake is probably way too high! I also always have a playlist for whatever I'm working on, so having headphones is essential to me. Sometimes I spend embarrassing amounts of time just making a playlist for a WIP because I've convinced myself that it's a necessity.                                             

2)How do you deal with the emotional impact of a book (on yourself) as you are writing the story?
  • 2. I am not ashamed to say that I've cried while writing before. And I'm not much of a crier in general. Writing can be really difficult if you have to put yourself in the headspace of a character who's going through a hard time, so I let myself grieve when I need to. After a particularly rough chapter, I might take a Netflix-break and binge watch something really light and humorous to get myself out of the dumps!

3)What is the most surprising thing you discovered while writing your book? 

  • 3. The most surprising thing I discovered while writing A Constellation of Roses is how much I love the word "just." When we got to edits, my editor suggested very gently that I search the manuscript for the word "just" and I discovered that I had used it over two hundred times. Yeah. That's how much I like it. I just do! (Get it?!)

4) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?

  • 4. I really love Auntie from A Constellation of Roses. She was a lot of fun to write because she's this old woman who really doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks, so she gives her unfiltered opinion about everything from cute guys to overcooked spaghetti. I would love to put her in another book! She still makes me laugh. 

5) What are you reading now?

  • 5. I just finished an ARC of Amanda's Sellet's debut, By the Book,  which is out from HMH in May 2020. It's about a girl who uses her fictional heroines like Elizabeth Bennett to navigate the new social scene she finds herself in when she gets transferred to a public high school. It's hilarious and poignant, and I know teen Miranda would have loved it!




6) What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?

  • 6. I really fell in love with Katniss from The Hunger Games. She was fierce and unapologetic and followed her gut, and I've always been inspired to write characters like that. I like characters who make mistakes and learn from them, get up when they've been knocked down, and who ultimately would do anything for those they love. Also, Hunger Games cemented my love for YA books.

7) Favorite quote (doesn’t matter the source)?

  • 7. "Shoot for the stars so you at least clear the trees." This is probably my personal motto and my advice for all aspiring authors.

8) Favorite book/story you have read?

  • 8. I don't have a favorite book per se, because that would be like picking a favorite child! Outside of YA, I read women's fiction, romance, and mysteries. Lately, I read Jojo Moyes The Peacock Emporium and really loved it!

 9) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

  • 9. I'm lucky in that I've gotten in contact with other more experienced authors who have given me great advice, both craft- and career-wise. But I'd love to pick the brains of the Bronte sisters if they were still alive! 

10) Share something your readers wouldn’t know about you?

  • 10. Most people don't know that I used to practice traditional archery, and I was a really good shot! I still have my bow, though I don't use it much anymore. 

11) If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?

  • 11. Stubborn, curious, and ambitious!


Preorder Prizes in Photo. Preorder the book below

I really hope you enjoy this very first Interview, and below will be all of Miranda Information. I will also provide all of the information to purchase The Deepest Roots and A Constellation of Roses. By the way "A Constellation of Roses" has PREORDER PRIZES right now, so go check that out.  I also have a Review coming up November 2019 after the release of "A Constellation of Roses" for the book. Thank you So much to Miranda for giving me this Idea and being the Very First Author I ever Interview, I feel so blessed. 


Tea, Love, Books 
Meli πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›


Miranda Asebedo 




































Blogger Social Media Links

Business Email: 
Melihbooktube@gmail.com

Amazon Review Name:
Melissajeffery


Makeup YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment