Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A study in Scarlet Women

 Hello Book lovers and welcome back to my blogs. I haven't written a blog since March although I've been reviewing on Goodreads this whole time. I haven't felt the need to write a blog because I feel like this book is out place. So with that being said, I am not sure why I had the sudden urge to write a blog for "A Study in Scarlet Women" by Sherry Thomas, but I did and here we are. Now let's get to the important information, this review is not for an ARC. I purchase this Paperback May 23rd, 2018 because I was looking for series similar to Deanna Raybourn, "Veronica Speedwell" because I have come to immensely enjoy Historical fiction mystery novels about Victorian Feminist females. So Veronica lead me to look for some more Victorian novels and boy am I glad I did. So if you love my reviews Please read, and please always share. By sharing my reviews maybe they will help get me notice and also they let me know, you love my reviews too. Now onto the best part, my review of Sherry Thomas "Charlotte Holmes" series.


This book begins with us, meeting the entire Holmes family. We Meet Lady Holmes, Henry Holmes, and the four daughters. Charlotte is the third daughter out of the four from my understanding. Charlotte does not want what every normal girl wants in the Victorian Era. She does not wish to be married or a mother, she only seeks to be on her own, independent of everyone. Charlotte seeks out her freedom by ruining her lady-ness after her father denies her help to seek other forms of employment. Only things go terribly wrong for her and she ends up outcast by society. So, in short, she runs away which leads to the horrible discovery of a few Murders because of recent events. Somehow Charlotte Sister becomes a suspect in these prominent murders. Charlotte meets someone who helps her out by giving her a job as a companion, which leads her to find a way to solve the murders and continue her work as the mysterious Sherlock Holmes. If you wish to know how Charlotte becomes Sherlock and solves the murders, please go read the Series which currently has a fourth book coming out in October. If you wish to know why I love these books please continue your reading here.

I love the first book so much I rated it five stars. I felt for Charlotte and understood her not wanting to rely on a Man for everything in life. Charlotte understood that as a female she didn't need a Man to be her end all, be all to be satisfied. She was perfectly satisfied to live a life of independence. She even went to deep lengths to tell her father such but he did not want to believe her. I do believe the reason Charlotte did not wish to be married was that this is a decade where being married and love did not go together. She felt like her parent's unhappy marriage was proof of that. I love Charlotte for all these reasons. The one thing that annoys me a bit in regards to Charlotte was that she says at the beginning of the book, Why should I speak when I have nothing of importance to say and that to me sounded like a Victorian dumb female. For example, females of that era were taught that a man is literally God in all aspects and I felt like this moment Charlotte was quoting that sentiment which is untrue if she later seeks independence from Men, Marriage and a typical Victorian household. I will say Charlotte does grow up more after "ruining herself' and "running away". I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

If you like Veronica Speedwell by Deanna Raybourn or Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco I deeply recommend Sherry Thomas currently four-book series Lady Holmes from Berkely. It will now forever be one of my favorite series. I love it for the independent Feminist Female aspect. I love it for the Murder Mystery aspect. I love it for the way the leading female character thinks for herself, how she comes to love herself and how she comes to grow as a person. I can already related to Charlotte in this first book so much I can't wait to see what she does in the next three books. If you are still here with me, I will as always have all of the links for this book listed below along with the Author and my Social media information.

Tea, Love, and Books
Meli πŸ’‹πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

A Study in Scarlet Women Links

Amazon 
B&N
Indiebound
BookDepository


Sherry Thomas Links 

Sherry Thomas Website 
Twitter 


BLOGGER SOCIAL MEDIA

Business Email: 

Melihbooktube@gmail.com

Amazon Review Name:
Melissajeffery






No comments:

Post a Comment